RANDOM PULSE GENERATOR
Model # PV-R2
MANY USES ESPECIALLY CALIBRATION OF RADIATION METERS
- CORRECTS FOR COINCIDENCE LOSS
- TRUE MEAN COUNT RATE DISPLAY
- 6 DIGIT LCD
- VARIABLE: PULSE HEIGHT, PULSE WIDTH, & PULSE RATE
Figure 1: PV-R2
The most frequently used method for calibration
of a pulse counting radiation monitor is via a pulse generator followed
by a ``touch up'' on a radiation calibration course. However,
``coincidence loss'' at high counting rates based on randomness
of radiation pulses is not matched by the evenly spaced output of
the usual ``pulser''.
The PV-R2 Random
Pulse Generator corrects this deficiency and results in
little or no ``touch up'' in the final radiation course checkout.
DESCRIPTION: The PV-R2 Random
Pulse Generator furnishes pulses whose width can be set to match the
effective width of the GM or scintillation pulse in the counting system.
Pulse height, Pulse frequency and Pulse width are all settable. The
true mean value of the Pulse rate can be traced to an NIST standard.
This true mean Pulse rate is displayed on a 6 digit LCD. The Pulse
output is protected against high voltage which may be present on the
connector of the counter being checked.
- Readout: 6 digit LCD display.
- Pulse Width: 1 µ sec to 500 µ sec
- Pulse Amplitude: 1 MilliVolt to 2 Volts.
- Polarity: Switchable negative or positive.
- Pulse Frequency: 1 cps to 105
cps or 10 cpm to 106 cpm true mean value.
- Output Connector: MHV protected
to 3 KV.
- Power: 115 Volt 60 Hz, 0.3 A (Optional
220 V 50-60 Hz, 0.2 A).
- Dimensions: 8 1/4'' W x 2'' H x 6 1/2'' D.
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs.
TA TECHNICAL ASSOCIATES
7051 ETON AVENUE * CANOGA PARK, CA 91303
TELEPHONE (818) 883-7043 * FAX(818) 883-6103
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.tech-associates.com