PORTABLE ALPHA SPEC
Model # BAM-STAM-3Z
PROCEDURE: User places sample
into small holder onto the replacement membrane (provided) and slides
sample holder between solid state Alpha Spec Detector and above thin
window NaI(TI) Scintillation Detector. Pulses from the Alpha Detector
go to a charge sensitive amplifier and into an energy analyzer with
two regions of interest.
- COUNTS: WIPES, FILTERS and PLANCHETS
- REPEATABLE GEOMETRY
- SEALED SAMPLE DRAWER
Figure 1: BAM-STAM-3Z
Region I: 5.00 to 5.30 MeV for Pu-239 Alpha.
Region II: 5.30 to 5.60 MeV for Pu-238
and Am-241 Alpha.
Region III: 40-80 KeV for Am-241 Gamma.
Pulses from the NaI(TI) scintillation detector go
through an amplifier and single channel analyzer to select for pulse
height. For Example: 40-80 KeV for Am-241 Gammas.
Pulses from these 3 channels go to counters A, B,
and C respectively on PCI card. Plugged into a standard slot on the
portable PC. Typically, the user supplies the portable PC and the
data analyzer software. However, Technical Associates is pleased to
offer portable PC and software if requested.
Technical Associates typically uses Lab Tech Notebook
software environment which allows the user to easily modify our software
without the need of skilled programmers.
- Alpha Detector: Solid State Alpha Detector
- 490 mm2
- Resolution: 60 KeV maximum
- Sample Holder: Sealed Drawer
- Counting Efficiency: 20% of 2Pi
- Gamma Membrane: 0.9 mg/cm2 aluminized
Mylar or .0005" stainless steel or per user requirement.
- Gamma Detector: Model PGS-3T NaI(Tl) Scintillator
- Crystal Size: 25mm dia. x 1 mm thick NaI(Tl)
- Electronics: MGA-5202/3BX, 3 independent
energy analyzers, 2 independent detector bias voltage supplies.
- PCI-BR: Connector box from amplifiers to
PCI card with 3 counters plus internal clock.
Fits in standard Type II slot.
- Options: Portable PC: Supplied by Technical
Associates or user.
Data Analysis Software: Supplied by Technical Associates or
TA TECHNICAL ASSOCIATES
7051 ETON AVENUE * CANOGA PARK, CA 91303
TELEPHONE (818) 883-7043 * FAX(818) 883-6103
e-mail: email@example.com www.tech-associates.com